Just set up our first RC account for fax only. Primarily we want it to receive only. Testing by faxing to our RC number(s) from our standalone fax machine, we've gotten only 1 out of 4-5 faxes to make it to the inbox. Standalone fax machine says "transmission ok", but nothing shows up in RingCentral. Any help?
- Yes, we received three faxes, but one of them (a 2-pager) only had about 1/8" of the top of the second page - you can barely see half the fax header. The other two included one page and three pages, and appear to be whole and complete.
- I'm not sure what an ATA is?
- Yes, our primary usage will be for incoming faxes only, from outside users. Limited or no outbound faxing.
- So we have to adjust our standalone POTS fax machine to specific settings in order to get the faxes received correctly by RingCentral? And anyone who sends a fax to this number will have the same requirements?
Madrick - are the faxes coming in through RingCentral then being pushed through the ATA to a physical fax machine?
Here are settings to assist with the physical fax machine.
Other Settings specific to the fax machine:
1. Baud Rate to 9600 or slower
2. ECM (Error Correction Management) turned OFF
3. If available on your Fax Machine, turn on VoIP Mode
4. If VoIP mode is not available, enable Overseas mode (again, if available)"