2) You can also Factory default the phone from the IP Address.
3) If you don't know the Admin Password then follow the below steps to force a factory reset.
Gather the MAC address from the bottom of the phone you want to reset. If the label on the back of the phone with the MAC is removed, you can find it by pressing Menu | Status | Network | Ethernet OR Home | Settings | Status | Network | Ethernet based on the phone type.
Power down the phone.
While powering up the phone, press these buttons on the dial pad until the password prompt appears
SoundPoint IP 320, 321, 330. 331, 335, 430 and 450: Press and hold the 1, 3, 5, and 7 on the dial pad at the same time.
SoundPoint IP 301, 501, 550, 600, 601 and 650: Press and hold the 4, 6, 8, * on the dial pad at the same time.
IP 4000 and 6000: Press 6, 8 and * dial pad keys at the same time.
IP 5000 when beginning the boot press the setup key which will then ask for the password.
VVX300, 310, 400, 410, 500: Press 1, 3, 5 dial pad keys at the same time during the boot countdown. (Reboot the phone. When the screen says, Starting application..., press cancel. When the screen says, Welcome! X seconds until autoboot, press and hold 1,3,5
4. After you will be prompted to enter the admin password, enter 456.
5. Press OK. The phone will reset itself and reboot again. The Polycom factory default password is 456 or blank.
If the 3 ways above do not work, please contact Polycom directly.
1) In the account, go to
Phones & Devices > Select the Ext >
Setup and Provision >
Screenshot or Write down the information that pops up
2) Log into the IP address of the phone via a web browser using FireFox or Chrome (Not I.E.).
Since the phone was factory reset, because it was a 3rd party phone, then log into the phones by using user admin, password should be Polycom's default password: 456.
3) In that phone, go to Settings -> Provisioning Server -> Hit Reset to Default. This will cause the phone to reboot.
4) Then go to Settings -> Lines and enter in the line information like in the picture below:
i. Display Name:
i. User ID:
c. Outbound Proxy
i. Address: minus :5090,
sipXX.ringcentral.com ii. Port: 5090
d. Server 1
i. Address minus :5060,
sip.ringcentral.com ii. Port: 5060
7) Click on the EXT1 tab - Verify the SIP Port is one in our port range 5060 5090.
On the same page (EXT1), scroll down to Proxy and Registration.
Use the settings you for the Other type of phone and complete the following fields: This is an example. Use the settings from your phone.
sip.ringcentral.com Outbound Proxy:
sip20.ringcentral.com: 5090 (This must have the port defined as 5090)
Use Outbound Proxy: Yes
Display Name: Enter the User Name from the information gathered above (in this example 17202634265) Do NOT use the actual name of the user.
User ID: User Name
Auth ID: Authorization ID
If the phone was not purchased by RingCentral, congratulations, you are finished and can then program the phone in UI and test.